First Aid Provision
Lead First Aider: Mrs Keely Benn
Telephone: 01344 772658
Please be kindly reminded that it is the parents/carers responsibility to inform/update the school of any medical conditions relating to students attending Edgbarrow School.
If our students are unwell or injured then the First Aid Hub is the place to come.
- The school medical room is equipped with basic first aid supplies.
- First aiders run the medical service and provide first aid for students in school.
- First aid refers to the first aid treatment for any injuries or illnesses that arise during the course of the school day, including school trips and sports fixtures. This does not include assessment, treatment and referral for injuries that have arisen outside of school on a previous date.
- Students requiring first aid may bring themselves to the medical room during break and lunchtime.
- During lesson time, students should speak to their teacher who will either send them to the medical room or call reception for first aiders to attend the student.
- Students should not contact their parents directly for assistance while they are in school. They should speak to their teacher, or a first aider in the medical room who will make any necessary contact with the parent/carer.
Please also note it is parents/carers responsibility to check and renew out of date medication and inform school about medication changes.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at school if you would like any further clarification on our medical procedures.