The wearing of the correct uniform while travelling to and from school and during the school day is very important to us. We feel that it sets the standard in terms of high expectations, and a purposeful attitude towards work while promoting the school and our ethos. We rely very much on the co-operation of students and parents in helping us to set and maintain high standards of dress and appearance. To ensure consistency and clarity, parents will be offered two recognised suppliers for purchasing some items of uniform.
- SPORTSWEAR INTERNATIONAL (SWI) - for all badged items of uniform - Blazers/PE kit. trousers, skirts, blouses and shirts.
- Customer Service: 01928 752 610 - Parent Guide - How and when to order online. - Price List June 2023
- TRUTEX - offer skirt and trousers for girls and two styles of trousers for boys. The Trutex LEA code for parents is LEA00281SD.
Equivalent items may be purchased from any high street retailer or supermarket and must be Harrow grey in colour. Harrow grey is dark grey.
Second-hand uniforms can be purchased from our second-hand uniform sales. These are organised by our PTA and are held a few times during the year. If you require second-hand items at other times of the year please email email@example.com.
All items of uniform and PE kit must be named.
Harrow grey, flat front and slim leg, no stretch fabrics, skinny or tight fit.
Plain and black
Harrow grey, knee length, stitched down pleats.
Dark blue with Edgbarrow badge (SWI)
Plain navy with V neckline and Edgbarrow logo (SWI) (Optional)
Black leather formal/business shoes with backs and low heels –
Plain grey or black
Grey, black or neutral
Compulsory PE Kit
Optional PE Kit
Football boots with rugby-safe studs for students wishing to attend afterschool football/rugby clubs (optional).
*supplied by Sportswear International (SWI)
Students should wear a plain coat or jacket. Tracksuit tops, fleece and denim jackets and clothing with slogans, flags and large motifs are not suitable and are not appropriate. Fluorescent safety bands are acceptable in winter.
The school does not accept:
- haircuts of extreme fashion, engraved design in hair or unnatural colours
- piercings (e.g. nose studs)
- nail varnish/nail extensions (e.g. gels, acrylic nails)
- jewellery except for a wristwatch; one pair of studs – plain silver/gold studs one in each ear and only worn in lower earlobes
- makeup is not allowed in Years 7-9. Girls in Years 10-11 may wear light make-up which is discreet and natural in colour
- Headphones are not part of the uniform and should not be seen or worn during the school day
Any request for modifying the school uniform for religious reasons must be made in writing to the Headteacher before admittance.
SUMMER UNIFORM - worn from the second half-term in the Summer term.
- Do not need to wear a tie, jumper or blazer.
- Do not need to wear tights.
- Plain grey or black ankle socks allowed.
If the weather is chilly, all students need to wear their school jumper or blazer. No other form of jumper or coat is allowed to be worn.