Admissions 2022 - In accordance with data protection legislation, we will not keep data relating to students who do not join our Sixth Form, once the application process is complete.
Thank you for considering Edgbarrow Sixth Form as your second home for the next two years, and welcome!
As with most homes, our Sixth Form Centre houses a very supportive and caring family and a large one at that! It’s a family where everyone wants the best for each other; where there is experience and wisdom on tap to support the younger family members throughout their learning and in guiding them to the next stages of their life; and one where family members enjoy mutually respectful and positive relationships. If you choose to join this family, there are a number of benefits:
- Superb care for well-being and progress.
- Impressive examination results.
- Great teaching.
- A large range of enrichment opportunities.
- Excellent preparation for the next steps to the world of work, apprenticeships and/or university, including Oxbridge and other elite institutions.
- In return, we expect much of Edgbarrow Sixth Formers: to work hard, to seize the opportunities on offer, and to act as great role models for each other and the younger students at our school.
We also hope that Sixth Formers will continue to grow as individuals and leaders, developing transferable skills that will stand them in good stead in the future. As such, alongside the student leadership team who take responsibility for the coordination of Sixth Form events, there are various opportunities to lead within a range of co-curricular activities. Indeed, Sixth Formers are supported to start up their own groups or societies should they have an idea we have missed.
As Edgbarrow’s Sixth Form continues to develop, we believe that it is a great time to join us. Please remember that, as our popularity continually increases, competition for places is strong, so do adhere to all application deadlines when submitting the forms found on the school website. We really look forward to welcoming you into our family in the near future!
Head of Sixth Form