All students entering the Sixth Form will have the opportunity to study a range of Level 3 courses. Access to all courses will be determined by examination results and whether these meet the entry criteria for the different courses offered. Please be aware that we reserve the right to use period 6 (3.20-4.20pm) as part of the school day, although this is an infrequent necessity
Please see our individual course requirements in our Sixth Form Prospectus.
If you have not gained English or Maths GCSE at grade 4 or above, you will be required to follow a programme in the Sixth Form to re-take these courses in November and June until a 4 is achieved.
All students considering Post-16 courses are given specific information, advice and guidance throughout Year 11, both prior to and subsequent to the options process in the autumn term. Every effort is made to ensure that students access the right courses at the right level and that the combination of courses provides sufficient breadth and challenge to aid progression into further education, higher education or the world of work.
In particular, students aiming to gain a university place at an Oxbridge or other elite institution should make sure that they choose the ‘facilitating subjects’ necessary.
However, a number of students may not be considering Post-16 provision at Edgbarrow. The school will also offer information, alternative advice and guidance to support these students into further education, employment or an apprenticeship.
Level 2 / Level 3 Provision
From September 2020, we began offering a one-year Level 2 package, which could lead to two further years of Level 3 study in the Sixth Form.
How to Apply
The process for applications set out here is straightforward, and we look forward to meeting and spending two enjoyable years with you at this important and exciting time of your life.
- Friday 15h November 2019 - Application Form available on school website (Sixth Form area)
- Friday 13th December 2019 - Application deadline
- All applications should be completed online. Non-Edgbarrow students should provide a copy of their most recent grade report with their application.
- Monday 13th January to Friday 14th February 2020
Meetings for both Edgbarrow and External students to discuss options and entry requirements.
- Friday 14th February 2020
Offers to be made to students by this date.
- Monday 30th March 2020 – Deadline for accepting offer
All students should reply to the offer as soon as possible and before the above date. If offers have not been confirmed by this date, we cannot guarantee your place.
- Wednesday 24th June 2020 - Induction Programme
The induction for Year 12 will take place over one day. There may be an additional social event - to be confirmed.
Thursday 20th August 2020 – GCSE results day
- Mr Evans and Miss Piggott will be present to discuss any issues with courses / grades for Edgbarrow students. External students: please send your results as soon as possible.
- Monday 24th August 2020 – External students
The final deadline for external students to confirm their GCSE results, with appropriate documentation. If this information is not forthcoming we shall not be able to guarantee your place.