All students entering the Sixth Form will have the opportunity to study a range of academic and vocational courses. Access to all courses will be determined by examination results and whether these meet the entry criteria for the different courses offered.
Please see our individual course requirements in our Sixth Form Prospectus.
If you have not gained English or Maths GCSE at grade 4 or above, you will be required to follow a programme in the Sixth Form to re-take these GCSE courses or complete an appropriate 'stepping stone' qualification (i.e. Level 2/Functional Skills).
All students considering Post-16 courses are given specific information, advice and guidance throughout Year 11, both prior to and subsequent to the options process in the autumn term. Every effort is made to ensure that students access the right courses at the right level and that the combination of courses provides sufficient breadth and challenge to aid progression into further education, higher education or the world of work.
In particular, students aiming to gain a university place at an Oxbridge or other elite institution should make sure that they choose the ‘facilitating subjects’ necessary.
However, a number of students may not be considering Post-16 provision at Edgbarrow. The school will also offer information, alternative advice and guidance to support these students into further education, employment or an apprenticeship.
Level 2 Provision
From September 2019, we shall be offering a one-year Level 2 package, which could lead to two further years in the Sixth Form.
How to Apply
The process for applications set out here is straightforward, and we look forward to meeting and spending two enjoyable years with you at this important and exciting time of your life.
- Friday 15th February 2019. Offers to be made to students by this date.
- Monday 1st April 2019 – Deadline for accepting offers. All students should reply to the offer as soon as possible and before the above date. If offers have not been confirmed by this date, we cannot guarantee your place.
- Wednesday 26th June 2019 - Induction Programme. The induction for Year 12 will take place over one day. There may be an additional social event - to be confirmed.
- Thursday 22nd August 2019 – GCSE results day. Mr Evans and Miss Piggott will be present to discuss any issues with courses/grades for Edgbarrow students. External students: please send your results as soon as possible.
- Monday 26th August 2019 – External students. The final deadline for external students to confirm their GCSE results, with appropriate documentation. If this information is not forthcoming we shall not be able to guarantee your place.