Post-16 Study Programmes
The purpose of a Study Programme is to provide a personalised curriculum that meets the needs of the individual.
A study Programme has several elements that are provided at Edgbarrow Sixth Form.
- Level 3 Qualifications – a balanced programme of qualifications that support students to reach the next stage of their education or allow them to begin a career. At Edgbarrow we offer a range of academic and vocational qualifications. Generally students are expected to study for the equivalent of 3 A-Levels. There is also a Level 2 qualification involving Travel and Tourism, IT and Retail Business which also includes a day of work experience.
- High-Quality Work Experience – purposeful, substantive and supervised placements will be undertaken by all. Students are supported to secure a relevant five-day placement in the penultimate week of Year 12. Should other specific placement opportunities occur at different times then the school may offer flexibility on this front. Other shorter/remote work experience opportunities are offered to students on a weekly basis in the Work Experience Newsletter.
- Maths and English – Students are required to continue to study Maths and English until they have achieved at least a grade 4 at GCSE level.
PSHE - We do our best to give our students a wider knowledge of the world and to prepare for life outside Edgbarrow. Every fortnight, all students will have one session with a guest speaker and a follow up session with their tutor group. This year’s programme includes:
- Post-Sixth Form Destinations advice
- University loans / financial advice
- Strategies to reduce stress and anxiety
- Road safety
- Time management
- Drugs and Alcohol awareness
- Visits from business; charities; volunteer groups
- British Values including the prevent Strategy
- Sexual health and relationship information
- Sessions on diversity, inclusion and tolerance
- Anything else that students request that we can deliver!