SIMS Parent App
Getting started with SIMS Parent
How to Log In to the App
Below you will find details on how to register for the app.
The SIMS Parent App and website will allow you to monitor your child’s progress in school more closely than ever before. You will have immediate access to your child’s Attendance Records and Grade Reports.
The app has been rolled out to all parents (including siblings at Edgbarrow).
You will need to link either Microsoft (Hotmail, Outlook.com, Office 365), Twitter, Facebook or Google Account to your SIMS Parent account. This will mean that you don’t have to remember another set of usernames and passwords, however, please remember that if the account you have linked with SIMS Parent is ever compromised, to ensure the safety of your data you must take action to secure your account by following the advice and instructions of your account provider. Additionally, password resets for these accounts will have to be dealt with directly by the account provider.
SIMS Parent allows you to access our student data system from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere. You can even use your preferred social media login to access the app. If you have more than one child at Edgbarrow School, you’ll have access to information for all your children, from the same app.
What will you find in SIMS Parent:
- Important information such as attendance, timetables, and homework for your child
- School term, inset dates and contact details
- Access your child’s Grade Reports
- Notifications to remind you about important information such as key dates for your diary
- Access to update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency
Getting started with SIMS Parent
- You should have received an activation email, simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account. If you need a new activation email please email email@example.com
- Select Register with an External Account
- You can then log in using your normal Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft username and password (single sign-on method) or enter your email and password details
- Enter your child's birth date in this exact format: dd/mm/yyyy
- From your smartphone or tablet, download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store - search for SIMS Parent.
- From a PC or Windows phone, login online at www.sims-parent.co.uk
If you need extra help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or select Getting Started to access the help guide.
Please note that your activation email is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else. Your activation email will expire after 90 days if it is not used, please email email@example.com if you require a replacement after this date. We hope you will enjoy using the new Sims Parent app.
SIMS Parent Privacy Notice
Using social media logins to link to your child/children's personal data
The security of all personal data is of the utmost importance to the school. The SIMs Parent Portal only shares elements of the user’s credentials but no more. User’s login details are checked with the third party to ensure the credentials are correct before they are allowed access. There is no direct link into your child’s data from the user account.
The SIMs Parent Portal does not link to the account you choose (eg: Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc…) and no data is shared between them except the email address, name and a unique identifier which is simply used to verify the user logging on to the Parent Portal is who they say they are.
All school contact will still come to the address that the school holds as your primary email address, no contact will come from the Parent Portal to the account you select to initiate your account.